Services & Care
We offer a full carpet repair and cleaning service, but here are some useful tips on keeping your carpet or rug in excellent condition yourself.
We offer a comprehensive and professional cleaning service, to breathe new life into any rug and bring it back to its original condition.
We clean all rugs by hand, and prices are as follows:
- £90 (plus VAT) for a piece measuring up to 150cm x 100cm
- £75 (plus VAT) per additional square metre for pieces above this size
- £50 (plus VAT) for a piece measuring up to 150cm x 100cm
- £30 (plus VAT) per additional square metre for pieces above this size
Fringe restoration & stopping: £35 per metre (plus VAT) Chords: £45 per metre (plus VAT) Other repairs need to be seen to be valued. Please contact us with details for us to give you a quotation.
Try At Home Service
We enable you to take one of our carpets or rugs home with you to see how it looks in your home, and ensure you are completely happy with it before making your purchase. This service is free of charge.
You may have a rug or carpet in your house at present, or may have been left one from a friend or relative and are unsure of the value. We can help by valuating the piece, either in person or you can email a picture to us. Please contact us for more information.
We can also valuate pieces for insurance purposes. This can again be done either in person or by email, and we will provide the results in writing to you. Please contact us for more information.
- Alcoholics Drinks - Lightly wet with warm water and use 90% alcohol to clean
- Mud - Dry well and vacuum clean
- Chocolate - Use a sponge damped with ammonia to wipe clean
- Sweets - Lightly wipe with warm water
- Ink - Damp sponge with a mixture of water, soap and alchohol and wipe. Take care to prevent the cleaning mixture from dripping down to the reverse of the carpet
- Fruit - Damp sponge with a mixture containing three parts white vinegar or lemon juice, and one part ammonia. Wipe clean
- Eggs - Never use hot water. Wipe with an ammonia and water mixture. If unsuccessful, use an alchohol and water mixture
- Blood - Never use hot water. After cleaning the stain well with a damp sponge, wipe with cold salty water. If unsuccessful, wipe again with pure white wine. If the stain is dry, brush it and clean with water containing a small amount of ammonia
- Make-up materials/Perfumes - Wipe with alcohol
- Pet Urine - Wipe with a sponge while the stain is damp, and leave to dry. Later wipe with white vinegar. If unsuccessful, wipe again with a mixture of three parts alchohol and one part ammonia
- Red Wine - Clean with white wine, and wipe with water
- Airing/Drying - Always make sure the carpet or rug is dry before putting it back into position. A damp carpet should always be thoroughly aired, by placing something underneath it to allow the air to circulate and to aid the drying process
- Cleaning - From time to time it is advisable to turn the carpet or rug over and vacuum the back, as this will loosen any grit or dirt particles which may be trapped at the bottom of the pile. Then vacuum the top of the carpet as normal